Selenium Cholesterol Scanning for Conn's Tumours
For functional lateralization of Conn's tumours. Now only available on a named patient basis.
Caution if diabetic.
- Admit. Start dexamethasone 2mg bd at Day -7, i.e. one week before the injection. Monitor blood glucoses qds. Continue dexamethasone to Day 3.
- On day 0 nuclear medicine will inject 8 MBq of 75Se Scintadren and image.
- Start 5mg bisacodyl for 2 days.
- Discharge home once dexamethasone completed.
- Nuclear medicine will arrange for further images on Day 7, 14 and 21.
The images will be reported by nuclear medicine, but a Conn's tumour should take up label with no uptake on the contralateral side